What kinds of damages are recoverable in a Florida wrongful death claim?


In a Florida wrongful death claim, the person that brings the action is called the personal representative of the estate. Usually, it's a relative, father, mother, someone. They bring that action on behalf of all of the survivors. The estate has the claim that they can make for the deceased's loss of income, for the loss of the money they would accumulate during their lifetime. The estate can also make a claim for each survivor, minor children can suffer and recover for pain and suffering, the loss of companionship and guidance of their parent. Spouses can recover for the loss of their spouse and any minor child has a right to recover of support and services. Under some circumstances, even adult children can recover for their damages when there is no surviving spouse.